What you need:
3 tbsp butter
1 yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup half and half
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth
2 1/2 lbs cauliflower
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
What to do:
1. In a large soup pot, melt butter and sauté onion for 8 minutes.
2. Add in the flour and stir to make a roux.
3. Slowly add in the half and half and milk, stirring constantly. Allow it to thicken
then add salt.
4. Gradually add in the water and chicken broth, stirring constantly.
5. Add in the cauliflower and allow everything to boil then reduce heat and allow it
to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Use a potato masher to mash up the cauliflower.
7. Before serving, stir in the cheese.